Monday, September 6, 2010

This is the beginning of my very first blog. It will be my fashion source book designed for my
History of the 20th Century Fashion arts class.  My fashion source book will serve as a spring board of inspiration and a place to share things that I would like to study more closely.  It is my hope that throught his blog/source book, I will be able to have people experience what inspires me and to have them share their ideas and feelings about these things.  It's a very exciting thing for me and to kick it off I though that I would link to something that recently inspired me.
To appreciate original art is something that I can do.  I seek it out, I stop and stare, I ponder what and how the artist was inspired, how I can apply some of what I have figured out to my palette of artistic tools and methods.  To actually do something original takes much more.  I believe to be original in art it also takes the appreciation that I spoke of but it also takes vision.  A vision of an idea, a spark that came to you and you built on it to then become this new "something" that you have created.
We all search for those sparks as designers and today I present to you something that did just that for me. 
Underwater fashion shows and photography.  It is not new, it has been tried even way back in the 50's. These artists break barriers and share the art of fashion but a side that would be impossible to appreciate the full beauty of it top side.  Light, color, texture, shape and the liquidity of wonderfully chosen fabrics in movement, all for your viewing pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment